Thursday, January 24, 2013

2013


It's going to be a big year for this girl! 

2013 is the year I will become a college graduate and will begin teaching instead of studying. 

This year I want to document the stresses and victories, so that on 12/13/13 I can look back and appreciate all that my God has helped me accomplish. I'm only 3 weeks in and already feeling the pressure, but I think about how fast 2012 flew by and I'm reminded that there is a light at the end of the tunnel! Since graduating high school I've looked forward to the day THIS year that I would walk across the stage again, but with a degree instead of a diploma. 

As excited as I am to graduate, I can't help but get nervous about teaching full time by myself, without a teacher to "shadow"....All I can picture is  me standing in the middle of the room with kids running wildly shooting glue across the room, hanging from the ceiling, or finger painting the walls! Thoughts cross my mind like "How will I know what to teach them? Will I be able to reach each kid? Will they respond to me? Will they feel encouraged or will they feel frustrated? What if I absolutely bomb?!" It's laughable really, that I'm nervous about things that aren't even happening yet. What's that passage in Matthew about worrying not adding any time to your life? haha, as much as these worries consume my mind, God consistently reminds me that this is his plan and I need not worry because he's a pretty smart dude! :) As long as my center focus is pleasing him and loving people, the rest will fall right into place.

I'm so excited for things to come!

Originally I planned on blogging weekly to document this year....as much as I would love to do that, and I am going to try, it's more realistic to say that I will blog bi-weekly or monthly....

Soooo if you're a regular to my blog, I'm excited that you'll be along for the ride! And I ask that you just pray for me as this year unfolds, and I will pray for you!

2013 is going to be awesome! I can feel it in my bones! :)

1 comment:

  1. I am a regular reader of your stuff.
    I do so enjoy your thoughts and ramblings and when I don't see you too often it allows me to know how to pray for you.
    I am so proud of you.
    You will know exactly WHAT to teach, as HE has giving you this gift and you are a natural. And besides, once in that classroom, our state has pretty much dictated WHAT to do! LOL
    I will continue to pray for you and I will be there, in the audience when you walk that path to the big 'd'.
    I love you, much. My 'taylorwhaler'...my 'pudge'..my SWEET precious first born and gift from God. You are so beautiful inside and out. Your dad just said that again the other day, and he is so right, but your heart radiates HIM....your eyes see HIM.....and your actions reflect HIM....well, 90% of the time, Just kidding - YOU are right where you are suppose to be. I love you - ma

    ReplyDelete