Monday, January 1, 2018

Due Date Day - And no, she ain't here yet.

Nope. No Sawyer.

I think she just wanted to tease us yesterday - I started contracting around 1:30, consistently every 20-30mins until midnight. Felt a few in the night that woke me up, but nothing to send us to the hospital. She's been actively moving today, but no consistent contractions.

Jake will tell you she's stubborn like her Dad - likes to make things difficult.
I'd say she's just not very timely - like her Mother. Oops.

Whatever the reason, here we sit in the waiting.
A dear friend of mine reminded me a week or so ago that her birthday is a divine appointment, already set by God himself. There's a purpose and a reason as to why she isn't here yet.. and though we may not understand now, or may never understand, we trust that there's a reason.

The practical side of me didn't plan for this. Long story short, this really put a dent in my insurance/financial plan for this entire ordeal. But God keeps whispering "I know your finances, I know your insurance situation... I got you. I provide." He does. I know that's true. But I just like to know, have it planned.

UGH.
I trust you Jesus.

As frustrating as this is, I do have this overwhelming peace. Now that the 12am deadline has been passed, we have to sit in that peace, trusting God for every bit of provision. The pressure is off, it's not on my shoulders, I'm secure in Jesus' plan. (I know I know, should have felt that way before 12am 1/1..but I'm human. Sue me.)

So for now we'll enjoy a quiet house with the pups - one that is clean, prepped, and ready for this girl. Our bags sit ready by the door, and we wait. Praising Jesus for the miracle blessing to come.

Here's a peek into Sawyer's Room :) I love to peek in there around 10am when the light shines in just right. I can't wait to see this girl in there.



And Shannon Lightsey @ Mill Iron Metal Works killed it will her name. She cut and painted it. We love it and want to get one for Ava's room!






My Mom painted that window. Jake brought it home to me from an old house he was cleaning up in Ft. Pierce. Turned out better than I imagined! 




The bags are packed and ready... 

No comments:

Post a Comment