Wednesday, February 21, 2018

SJP - Month One

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, eyeglasses and indoor
First week home - look at that monkey arm.

Born January 5th - Here's some tidbits. I planned on writing this whole thing about us adjusting and life with a newborn.. but here's the deal LIFE WITH A NEWBORN = HARD -  Ain't nobody got time for all the extra!!

SO basically..

The first three weeks were HARD.
We didn't sleep, my boobs were out all the time (nursing ain't for the faint of heart or the modest).
We figured out I wasn't producing enough.. pumping sucked, and doing it 8-12 times a day plus nursing just didn't appeal to me - so to Formula she went. (For which I had multiple breakdowns because the pressure is REAL YALL. But I'm totally going with, "fed is best".)
We gave it our best shot.
Mommy is much more mentally stable now, and we'll all agree Happy Mommy.. happy Baby.

Advice for new Mama's - give it a shot, if it works AWESOME, if it doesn't DO NOT beat yourself up. You've got a baby to love, you don't need to be stressing about how she's being nourished. If she's growing, and content. - YOU DO YOU. And to those of you who are just natural milk maids - I'm proud of you, and thank you for the advice on how I could have increased my supply.. but decision is made. We good.

Sleep is precious. When she goes down at night it's usually for at least 3-4 hours at a time.. but has been stretched to 5 here and there. I didn't realize how much I should have appreciated a full night's sleep, but I'm reminded more and more that these days won't last forever.. and when she's 16 and slamming her door at me because Jake has told her she can't date until she's 30 - I'll long for those sleepy snuggles. She sleeps on her TUMMY. (Yeah I know, back is best, reduces risk for SIDS etc.. but how many Mama's are out there co-sleeping?? And they DEFINITELY don't recommend that either. Again, YOU DO YOU. Take care of that babe. SJ is strong, picks up her head and moves it from side to side, we good.) Also, she doesn't like to be swaddled anymore. Girl likes to lay with one leg tucked up under her belly, and the other straight out. Just like her Daddy.

I have no idea how much she weighs or how long she is. (Probably should right? Oh well.)
I just know she's a lot bigger than the 9 pounder I brought home. She's killing 6 ounces (SIX) at every feeding, belches like a champ (just like Mama), and is content to lay and kick under a mobile or a fan when she's awake.

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting and baby
If that doesn't look like me... COME ON. 
She's wearing 3m clothing, almost a size 2 diaper, and her socks actually stay on her legs because her ankles aren't so tiny. Her hair is lightening every day and it's still SO CURLY when it's wet.

Her cheeks are fuller, she has a double chin, and a dimple to the left of her mouth. (Just like Auntie Em - so she says)

She grunts and squeaks and I can't get enough. I long for the day I get to hear her belly laugh and her voice calling me Mama - but for now I'm loving the baby noises.

Also -- "Ohhh she looks JUST LIKE HER DADDY!!!" - If I had a dollar....

Here's the deal people, YES she looks like her Daddy. But JEEZE give the woman who pushed OUT the nine pounder and endured 32 hours of labor some credit. She does favor me at times, depending on who you're talking to. Here's a baby pic for comparison.. I'll let you be the judge.

BUT IF YOU SAY SHE LOOKS LIKE JAKE - keep it to yo self.

Her big sister loves her, and is so helpful all the time. We've even taught her where to hold the Pacifier so she doesn't get germs on it, because she always wants to get one to SJ when she hears her cry. She's constantly pointing at Sawyer and saying "What's my baby doing?" I can't imagine the trouble they'll get into.. and I can't wait to watch Ava make SJ laugh.

Here's some pictures from the last month, we've stayed home to avoid the FLU epidemic.. so our outings have included trips to Mimi & G-Man's, Ms. Kerry & Papa's, Publix once, Hobby Lobby once, and the doctor a time or two. Mama's being protective. We do church together via live stream on Sunday Mornings, we use hand sanitizer allllll the time, and I'm constantly doing laundry, mopping the floors, and disinfecting doorknobs.

This last month has been a whirlwind of dirty diapers, baby puke, poop explosions, sleepless nights, endless snuggles, and love. So much love.





























































 






Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, outdoor
First outing! Two weeks old.. Hobby Lobby. 
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, baby
Including this because I think she looks like Hunter too! 

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, baby and child
Big Sister Paddy

1 comment:

  1. Nice article. And SJ looks just like you, Taylor. (Smile.)

    ReplyDelete