Tuesday, August 22, 2017

#Victory2017

Victory - a success or triumph over an enemy in battle or war.

2014 - A year of prayer and trusting.

2015 - A year of change, love, answered prayer, and some struggle.
2016 - A year of more answered prayer and lots of transition.
2017 - A year of VICTORY. 

This year our word is Victory. 


It's amazing - I started this post in January, and here it is August and I never finished it.

I can tell you that this year has truly been a year of victory. 

This year God settled some things and now we have Ava half the time.

This year my best friend overcame cancer and was healed in the arms of Jesus. 

This year we will welcome a baby girl, Sawyer Jane, a baby we had hoped for but who came as complete sweet surprise. 

This year a job opportunity became available to provide more financially for our family, as well as less stress so MORE focus could be on our family. 

This year IS a year of Victory. 

This year has not been easy. 
No cake walks here. 
But this year has been laced with victory.

Victory is a way of life we can walk in when we walk with Jesus. Ultimately, no matter the circumstance, victory is always ours to claim in Jesus name. 

I surely haven't always lived with this perspective, and sometimes my pessimistic nature gets the best of me. Thankfully, God provided me with a sweet husband who is quick to remind me of that VICTORY when I need a paradigm shift. 

It would have been easy to be upset that Rebekah wasn't healed here, where I wanted to it happen. I could have easily sat in selfishness that my best friend wouldn't get to experience this pregnancy with me, or that she wouldn't get to experience pregnancy at all. I could have been upset for her husband who in the world's eyes was left all alone. Or upset for her family who is surely missing their sister and daughter. But I couldn't be any of those things. It hit me one day as I was making cookies, like Beck and I had done countless times, that I wasn't crying and upset over her absence. Then instantly I felt terrible for not feeling that sorrow I thought should accompany her being gone.. But I could hear her voice, I could see her push my shoulder and tell me to "Get over it, TP - You know where I am, you know I am healed, and you know you'll see me again. I don't even miss you!" I laughed out loud and then did begin to cry, sweet tears of joy, not sadness. 

Two weeks before Rebekah walked into heaven, I went to visit and it was just she and I for a few minutes, she kept asking to touch my belly, she kissed my belly, told my belly "I love you kid, you don't even know." Beck was excited about this girl (who we both thought was a boy at the time..). 

It's funny because as much as I wish she was here, I don't. 

I know the joy, the peace, the wholeness she is experiencing and I wouldn't wish this Earth on her again. I can't wait to see her again. I can't wait for her to meet Sawyer one day in Heaven. To see the girl who carries part of her name. 

THAT is victory. 

To face death with a smile because it isn't the end. 

Rebekah is victorious. 

We can do that every day. Face death with a smile, because no matter how hard the circumstance, it isn't ever going to be our end. 

Jesus is our end. 
He is THE victory. 

So if you're struggling today to see the good, cling to the promise that ALL things work out for good for those who love and seek HIM. You may not see the good until you're on the other side of heaven, but eventually you'll see it. Find joy in that. Claim it. It's yours because of Jesus. 

Victory - a success or triumph over an enemy in battle or war.

Our victory over Satan was won on the cross. We can walk every day knowing that our steps, though sometimes trudging and not always easy, are moving towards Jesus. 

Praying God's peace on and all over you as you walk through tough stuff, He's there. Cling to him and claim that victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment