Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Rest in My Radient Presence....

The world around you seems to spin faster and faster, until everything is a blur. Yet there is a cushion of calm at the center of your life, where you live in union with Me. Return to this soothing Center as often as you can, for this is where you are energized; filled with My love, Joy, and Peace.

The world is a needy place; do not go there for sustenance. Instead, come to Me. Learn to depend on Me alone, and your weekness will become saturated with My Power. When you find your completeness in Me, you can help other people without using them to meet your own needs. Live in the Light of My presence, and you light will shine brightly into the lives of others.

1 John 4:12 -- No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives in us, and his love is brought to full expression in us.

This devotional came from "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young -- I will share from this devotional a lot :)

I really felt like this matched the release I felt on Sunday. When we depend on our Father in our weakness we "become saturated in his power". How awesome is that? Though I am weak, he makes me strong. To think that we can find strength and power anywhere else but in him, is wrong. That's hard for someone like me, someone who feels that she is naturally strong, and can handle anything thrown at her, on her own. Slowly I am becoming broken of that mindset.....I find more and more that when I think I am in control of a situation I really am quite the opposite, needing more guidence than ever.

I pray that God would continue to break me so that I will continually seek his power, and not try and find strength in my own.

Please Be my Strength -- Gungor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEOTwlLKpqo

1 comment:

  1. Wow kid -- how did I miss this post? I loved this - thanks for blessing your MOM!

    You are going to be a writer some day -- !!
    No wait - you ARE a writer.
    - mom
    aka 'ma'

    ReplyDelete